Electrical Engineer, Intern
At GBatteries, our mission is to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles by enabling them to charge as quickly as it takes to fill up a tank of gas. We are developing and commercializing the first software-based ultra fast charge technology for li-ion batteries with the top industry leading companies. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team that lives to solve problems that truly matter.
GBatteries is looking for an Electrical/Physics/Systems Engineering Intern experienced in design of analog and digital control circuits. You will be working in a team of engineers and scientists to develop implementation design solutions for an adaptive battery management system. Tasks will include low-level HDL and firmware programming, part selection, PCB schematic and layout development, prototyping and fabrication.
- Design of embedded firmware/software implemented on FPGAs, SoCs, and μC
- Design of analog and digital circuits for Li-ion battery cycling systems
- Schematic and layout capture of mixed signal multi-layer PCBs
- Prototype board bring-up, test validation and debug
- Generate documentation for testing, manufacturing, product specification etc.
- Provide theoretical and hands on support to all departments
- Provide guidance and training to individuals as requested by management
- Practical knowledge for FPGA/SoCs and PCB design tools: Quartus, Altium PCB or PCAD
- Good understanding of communication protocols: I2C, UART, SPI, TCP/IP, USB, CANBUS
- Good understanding of memory mapping and interface, concurrency, and hardware-software interface
- Hands-on experience with FPGAs, SoCs, μC
- Knowledge of FPGA/SoCs device planning – timing constraints definition, clocking tree definitions etc.
- Strong programming, integration and debugging experience in Verilog, VHDL, C, C++, and Assembler
- Very strong hands on experience with test equipment including signal generators and oscilloscopes.
- Hands on soldering skills
- Out-of-the-box thinker and results-oriented
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
Compensation and Perks
- Work on the most important problems in the field with a team who will challenge and support you.
- Opportunity for growth, and substantial equity
- Opportunity for substantial equity
- Well-stocked fridge filled with drinks and snacks
Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and any other information you think would be useful.